Job that Won't Accept My Resignation, Snow, Wedding & Weight Loss, Car Issues and The Best Parents Ever - How's that for a Mouth Full of a Post Title!

I thought I'd give a little re-cap of what I have been up to in the past 3 weeks.

Right after my last final in December, literally left from the parking lot of it to take a 5-hour drive north so I could get ready for that holiday wedding I booked.

Lucky me, got to drive a trailer in a blizzard and pack it up for a wedding in one heck of a storm...  That lucky part is sarcastic, LOL

Did all my wedding prep work in 8 hours, probably the fastest rush job ever!  Then took a drive to beat out a storm so I could arrive to set up for the wedding early

The storm that was supposed to hit didn't, just a nice 5 degree's out that morning. It froze the locks on my trailer, thankfully I am full of hot air, LOL and was able to blow into them enough to get them to unfreeze and unlock.
The rest of the day went perfectly, we were rushed but it was some of our better work and we did it in record time, I was thrilled!  My team that helps is incredible!!!!

The bride and her family all loved it and were more than happy without work, so it was a great day!

Spent the night for a slumber party with my niece and nephew. We attempted to make cupcakes with her new baking tools.
Apparently, it did not go so well, I guess you can't bake the frosting mixed into the cake batter, LOL LOL

Since I was coming up north and my old library job, well they apparently never accepted my resignation so I decided why not make more money while I am here and pick up a few shifts. A few turned into many and before I knew it they asked me to pick up 44 hours.

So yeah, that first two weeks was a little more work than play, but that was okay. I got to get together with past co-workers and catch up. Great times!

Christmas Eve my dad and I took a drive up the mountains to pick something up at my sisters, and then hit up a new gun store and target range, because well that's what we red-blooded Americans do on Christmas Eve, LOL.

Christmas was wonderful. We woke up to 14 inches of fresh snow, so we definitely got our white Christmas! Had so much fun chilling with the family and playing!

My sister won in the gift department, she saw these awesome boxes. HILARIOUS 
Makes the receiver think that is actually what is in it, and she gave it to my pregnant sister. Inside was a gift card, but it was fun and laughs.

Took a night and went and slept over and played for a day with one of my sisters kids who live up in the mountains. Truthfully, we in the valley were in a yucky inversion. So I enjoyed getting up to the mountains for a day where the skies were blue and the temps were a little warmer than the valley!

The kids loved tearing it up with the snowmobile in the back yard for sure!

Between working, I had a great time hanging out with friends and family and catching up! I also got my fill of snow, all together it snowed over two feet in the series of storms we had. So fun!

Last time I wrote I mentioned I was planning on sticking to my weight loss goals for December. Well I forgot that I would be up with people who haven't seen me in many months and I couldn't even tell you how many restaurants I visited for lunches and dinners those first two weeks.

I know I could have turned the offers down, but I may not get so see them again for a while so that would just be rude. So I am avoiding the scale and enjoying all the food and fun chats!

However, although I wasn't even trying and the loss was due in no part to actually trying, I still managed to drop 2 pounds during the month. Nothing to give a shout out to, but that brings my total to date now to 16 pounds lost.

My final week home up north, I had no plans to work and millions of plans to do fun things with family and friends.
But as luck would have it on New Years Eve I came down with a terrible horrible cold/flu, I pretty much didn't even get out of bed for a week.
It's been horrible and I am more bummed because of all the people I wasn't able to see, and all the plans I had to cancel, when I don't know when I'll be back up to see them all again.

During my week of sickness, I did make it out once to drop my car off at the dealership (same problem as all 6 times before that the other dealerships haven't been able to fix.) Turns out my Warranty was to expire 12 days after I dropped it off.

They diagnosed the problem and finally had a mechanic who was a specialist and had seen it before and knows exactly how to fix it. Problem, the part they need is on National backorder and will be taking two weeks to get.
I had no choice because if I took the vehicle from the dealership while I waited for my warranty would expire. But keeping it there meant it was an open case and even though it will be fixed after the expiration, because it is still in shop it still counts as the day I brought it in.
So yes, my car is staying there for a few weeks.

(I am finally hopeful that maybe these mechanics have more experience and might actually fix it!)

Problem was, I needed to drive back to my home down south and I didn't have a car. So my parents who are amazing gave me their car to take back.

Top it off, my mom knew I was sick and wouldn't be up for grocery shopping when I got home. So she went to the store and filled the trunk with groceries for me. No worries on keeping them cold, it was -11 to highs of 5 degree's, LOL
By the time I arrived back in the 40's in the desert where it's a little warmer they were fine.

In addition, since I have been so sick and they were worried about me driving, they even drove me half way so I could sleep more and have less of a drive alone.  So sweet of them!

I am still sick, but I'm finally starting to feel like I may be on the turnaround!  Which is great because I started classes today, I had my first two this morning, and I will start my next three tomorrow.

This is going to be an insanely busy semester, not only am I taking 15 credits, but I am beginning my Senior Thesis (early yes) the research phase.
What is a senior thesis? Well, I'll probably tell you more about it another time, but basically it's about half the work of a Masters Degree. So as you can see I have my work cut out for me!

On a side note, now that I am back, I am hoping it will snow down south. Ever since I moved back here I have been looking forward to seeing snow on palm tree's, don't ask me why I just am!


  1. The snow mobiling looks like lots of fun! You tried to bake the frosting into the cupcakes?? Hmmm. Hope you are feeling better!

  2. I will never understand the weather in Utah! How can it be -5 degrees the same place it get to be over 100?

    I am so sorry you are still having trouble with your car. I know you just bought that car not too long ago.

    I do hope you feel better soon.

  3. That really is so sweet of your parents! I'm sure it was a nice relief to you to have the car, groceries and help driving :) I hope you're on the mend and feeling better soon!

  4. I hope you're feeling better. I got my cold on my second day of my new job. Not ideal whatsoever, but I'm finally doing cardio again. I'm feeling much better than I was even a week ago.

  5. Yeah, hey I let a 5 year old hand me the ingredients, you would have thought I could tell the difference between cake batter and confectioners sugar LOL Once we realized it we thought we'd try it and see what happens, and now we know, LOL Doesn't work!

  6. LOL We are a desert at high elevation, we get vast weather changes. In fact if you think that was hard to understand, we have a place in Utah called Peter Sinks that last weekend got to -48 below. It's gotten into the -60's before too. In fact it's so cold that snow mobilers who aren't familiar with the area can and have literally froze to death in about 1-2 minutes. Yet, just down the road from that about 15 minutes in the summer it hits triple digits, LOL Gotta love Utah!

    Yeah, I haven't owned it very long. It was only 1 year old when I bought it. Thankgoodness it's been under warranty. Of course if it does anything else, its getting sold asap, LOL

    Thanks, I hope so too, and I hope you feel better soon too!

  7. It was very sweet of them, I have some amazing parents, love them tons!!!
    Thanks, I hope to get over this sick gunk very soon!

  8. Oh that sucks, especially with starting a new job. But I am glad your feeling better, and back to doing cardio again! I'd really like to go for a run myself, but it may need to wait a few more days!

  9. Sounds like a fun few weeks other than getting sick. Glad you are getting better!

  10. Wow busy month ! Loved catching up on the news !

  11. Sounds like a busy 3 weeks! Snowmobiling is so fun! Your pictures remind me of when we were in Utah last year and went riding! What a funny box for your pregnant sister! Way to go on the 2lb weight loss. I think I gained 5 lbs from the holidays since I ate so much while in Seattle. That was very nice of your parents! Glad to hear you are on the mend! Take are and hope the start of writing your thesis goes well!


Thank you for visiting my blog! I love my readers, feel free to share your comments and opinions!